In the UK there are many betting sites offering you the chance to place your bets on a variety of sports or games. Not all of the sites that are accessible from the UK are licensed to operate in the UK. It’s important to find a legal, reputable UK betting sites if you want to get the best of your online betting experience.
There are some definite advantages of using a registered and legal UK betting site:
- All players must prove they are 18 or over.
- If you have children under the age of 18, they will not be able to sign up to a legal, registered betting site. This protects them from getting exposed to gambling until they are old enough to understand it better and practice restraint.
- Games must be fair and random.
- In order to get a UK Gambling Commission license, any sites have to prove their games are both fair and random. If they cannot prove this without a doubt, they will not receive the license. That means if you find an online betting site that is not registered with the commission you cannot be sure the games are fairly made.
- Winnings are not taxable.
- UK betting sites should never withdraw any money from your winnings to pay government taxes. Due to gambling laws in the UK, winning are not taxable, so you are not required to give up any part of your winnings for tax purposes.
- Serious complaints can be taken up with the Gambling Commission.
- One advantage you have is that if a licensed UK betting site is not taking care of your complaints, you can bring them before the gambling commission to help resolve the issues.
List of the Top Rated UK Betting Sites
- Paddy Power
- William Hill
UK Bookmakers Strategies
For every person that wants to start into the world of gambling, it is important that they know and understand three things: What a UK bookmaker is. How these bookmakers work. And what the strategies are to bet on these UK sites. If a gambler is new and does not know the basic things about bookies, it is probably that he will not achieve success. However, this circumstance could also happen to a regular gambler due to betting is not only about how much would I win or lose, but about counting numbers and analyzing probabilities.
Thus, here is where every gambler (novice or expert) should pay attention to: The strategies offered by every bookie. Bookmakers normally have strategies for betting, and those strategies are better known as odds. Why? Odds are everything for a betting site; odds will be the successful for a gambler but will be even more successful for a bookie. Moreover, there are two main strategies used by bookmakers: Starting price odds and favorite-longshot.
Starting price odds is considered as the most basic and important strategy of a bookie. Why? This stratagem consists on giving the gambler a 50-50 % of chance to win a bet, and also a 50% of probability for winning the bookie. This odd is known as 2 to 1, what means that every two bets gambler will win one.
A favorite-longshot odd is a little different from the other odd. This odd consist on giving the most favorite bets a price lower than the normal but the opportunity of winning is higher than the 2 to 1. Why? Bookmakers know that even the chances of winning are higher, with lower prices or prices that any gambler would bet, people would not become rich with this strategy and most of the earnings go to bookies.